K-Rise Systems is seeking talented programmers. While there is no specific programming language skills requested for this position, applicants need to have done application coding in at least one language, extensive understanding of database structure and to be creative individuals that would find job satisfaction building useful applications for customers and staff. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related major is required.
The position involves learning our proprietary software, EASYProcess, and developing projects for our customers and internal purposes. Over time you will be responsible for:
- Taking requirements for the project and understanding the scope of what the customer is asking.
- Creating the database schema for the project, taking into account the need for the project/portal to be organic, that is, a database design that can grow with the application as the customer’s needs change
- Taking full responsibility to understand the Client’s application and all its related code and being able to pass this knowledge on to other K-Rise staff or to the Client IT Staff.
- Testing our software updates and modules on various platforms and browsers.
- Continue your learning of the various Microsoft operating systems and database versions
- Be creative in the ongoing creation of testing criteria as K-Rise Systems creates new technologies
- Learning to be the technical representative for web demos given by sales staff.
- Have a growing role in anticipating what a business prospect might be looking for based on limited information available.
- Take initiative in possible new features to design that will impress the new potential customer.
- Research data sources, applications or webservices that are part of the prospect’s systems and develop the necessary connectivity/interaction with these sources.
Hours for the position generally run normal business hours but at times for various international clients there may be needs outside the standard M/F 9/5 time frame.
There will be a 90 day probationary period at the end of which both employer and employee will consider the on-going relationship.